Areas I can support, discuss and guide you in:
- Neurodiversity Affirming Practice:
- Customised team training sessions, online or in-person (I’m based in Sydney)
- Topics and activities customised to your team’s needs
- Topics can include:
- Terminology and why we should or shouldn’t use terms
- Understand ableism and reflect on your own biases & assumptions
- Understand behaviourism, ABA and alternative approaches
- What it means to truly value interests, sensory needs, personalities, play modes & communication preferences
- Reflect and learn how to fully apply the concepts of ‘all play is OK’ and ‘all communication is valid’ to your work
- Sensory differences & needs, including eating/feeding challenges experienced by many autistic people
- How ‘social skills’ fits (or doesn’t fit) into the ND affirming approach and how to provide social supports in affirming ways
- Affirming Approach to Goal-Setting and Reports
- Intersection between ND affirming approach and NDIS, schools, and funding
- I can also help your team and business with:
- Assessing and amending therapy approaches and programs, to be aligned with a Neurodiversity Affirming approach
- Ensuring a ND affirming space and business practices, including client forms and processes
- Checking website, social media and written materials align with ND affirming approach
Teams I Have Worked With
Physio, OT, Speech Therapy, Podiatry
Enquire about Team Professional Development Sessions
💬 Get in touch
If you are enquiring about a workshop, webinar, training or a speaking opportunity, I will respond soon. Please note that it can take me a few days to get back to you as I juggle many roles!
If you've registered for a webinar or workshop and can't find confirmation or access information, please check your junk/spam email and add email@example.com to your safe senders/contacts list.
I am not able to provide personalised advice, resource or service requests/recommendations. You can view my resources & links page here, and view therapy services that I've worked with here. Please note that I no longer take on new speech therapy clients.
I am not able to reply to all feedback comments, but I do read them and appreciate you taking the time to share!
Thank you for your understanding!
For anything else - please feel free to contact me using the form below
I am somewhat obsessed with finding the balance between helpful, ethical practice, clinical relevance, sustainable, profitable services, happy therapists and smooth systems.
I have a neurodiversity-affirming approach to my work with children and families. I believe that all brains are wonderful, different and needed. All children’s and adults’ individual strengths and passions should be celebrated and honoured. I keep this at the front of my mind when designing, setting up and running groups. I’m exploring my own ND qualities, and have a strong sense of designing a work-life around your own individual (and your team’s) sensory, social and interest preferences!
I love making information clear and helpful for busy families, and now I’m so excited to be bringing this approach to other therapists and allied health private practice owners!
For many years I’ve been fielding emails and online group messages asking about how I get groups happening, and I decided that it’s time to pull all of my ideas, experience and perspecive together into one spot to support other private practices to run groups of your own!
You get the benefit of my 7+ years of running groups, learning, analysing & adapting! Our industry needs innovative approaches and I’m here to support you and your team to think creatively and adaptively about how groups can serve your clients, families and team!