What is the Hanen TalkAbility Online Parent Program?
👪 Supporting verbal autistic children, or children needing help with social communication and play skills
🤩 Helping kids learn to have better conversations, play better, be more flexible, and make friends if they want to
👥 Caring, friendly and practical small group therapy over 3 months
👩🏽💻 Conveniently run on Zoom, available to families all around Australia
👱🏻♀️ Led by Hanen trained Speech Pathologist Adina Levy
Individual Pre-Program Assessment
Online via Zoom while you’re at home playing & interacting with your child
Includes summary report with goal plans and recommendations
9 Weekly Parent Group Meetings
Online via Zoom
Sharing with a small group of parents experiencing similar challenges and questions
3 Individual Family Sessions
Online via Zoom
Practice strategies learned in group sessions
Personalised support for your family, get individualised feedback, and create plans together
Is Hanen TalkAbility right for my child?
- Able to have a back-and-forth six turn conversation (3 turns each)
- At least one turn is a comment or question about what the other person said
- Average or above average cognitive functioning
- Difficulty appreciating another person’s feelings and point of view
- Difficulty understanding nonverbal communication (facial expressions, tone of voice)
- Intense interest in certain subjects or activities and challenges talking about other topics or switching from preferred tasks
- Difficulty making friends or playing with other kids
Is Hanen TalkAbility right for my family?
- You want to learn more about how you can be the key supporter for your child’s development. You want to make the most out of everyday situations to help your child learn and connect better with others in their world
- You have access to a good internet connection at home, and either a computer or tablet to use during Hanen sessions
- You’re comfortable using Zoom and other online programs to share files and information
- If English is an additional language for you: Your English language skills are enough for an intermediate level conversation
What You’ll Learn
- A deeper understanding of your child’s strengths, challenges, and how they learn best
- A clear idea of goals and ‘where to next’ to help your child build communication and interaction skills
- And a solid understanding and better skills to use the strategies we teach everyday when you talk, play and interact with your child to support their development
- Connection with other parents experiencing similar challenges and questions
- Ongoing support to continue helping your child’s skills move forward
Next Program Dates
No TalkAbility program dates are set currently.
Please join the waitlist to be notified of future program dates.
I'm a neurodivergent speech therapist, working mainly with autistic children and kids with disabilities since 2012. I live in Sydney, Australia with my cheeky 3-year old and my husband.
I’m dedicated to helping families understand children better, and develop a deeper acceptance of your child’s interests, passions, and individual strengths.
I have a neurodiversity affirming approach to my work with children and families. I believe that all brains are wonderful, different and needed. All children’s and adults’ individual strengths and passions should be celebrated and honoured.
I’m always learning and adapting my practice - I love getting feedback and I’m always working to better support kids and families, and advocate for autistic and neurodiverse kids to have a valued place in their world.
I love making information clear and helpful for busy families – strategies and activities are built into your everyday life so that ‘speech therapy practice’ is something that happens within your daily life and play.
Everything is achievable and together we can help your child develop their best communication and interaction skills while building up your confidence to support your child on their journey!