What is the Hanen More Than Words Online Parent Program?
👪 Supporting autistic children, or children who may get an autism diagnosis
🤩 Helping kids learn to play, interact and communicate
👥 Caring, friendly and practical small group therapy over 11 weeks
👩🏽💻 Conveniently run on Zoom, available to families all around Australia
👱🏻♀️ Led by Experienced Hanen trained Speech Pathologist Adina Levy
I can help, if you are struggling with:
- Understanding what your child needs or wants
- Frequently feeling frustration – either you or your child (or both)
- You’re wondering how to talk to your child so they understand you.
- You don’t understand what autism is and how this diagnosis might affect your child’s life
- Helping your child regulate and feel less upset, or have less meltdowns
- Feeling alone and wondering if your family are the only ones having these difficulties (hint – you’re NOT alone!)
Individual Pre-Program Assessment
Online via Zoom while you’re at home playing & interacting with your child
Includes summary report with goal plans and recommendations
8 Weekly Parent Group Meetings
Next program starts early 2023
Online via Zoom
Sharing with a small group of parents experiencing similar challenges and questions
3 Individual Family Sessions
55 mins each session
+ notes and video recordings after
Online via Zoom
Practice strategies learned in group sessions
Personalised support for your family, get individualised feedback, and create plans together
Is Hanen More Than Words
right for my child?
- Aged around 1-5 years
- Autism diagnosis or you’re querying autism (If you have no questions around autism for your child, then the Hanen It Takes Two to Talk program may be right for you!)
- Non-speaking child (not using words), using some words, or using short phrases sometimes (if your child is having little conversations, then Hanen TalkAbility may be right for you!)
Is Hanen More Than Words
right for my family?
- You want to learn more about how you can be the key supporter for your child’s development. You want to make the most out of everyday situations to help your child learn and connect better with others in their world
- You have access to a good internet connection at home, and either a computer or tablet to use during Hanen sessions
- You’re comfortable using Zoom and other online programs to share files and information
- If English is an additional language for you: Your English language skills are enough for an intermediate level conversation
Need immediate support? Join our Connect & Grow Community!
What You’ll Learn
- A deeper understanding of your child’s strengths, challenges, and how they learn best
- A clear idea of goals and ‘where to next’ to help your child build communication and interaction skills
- And a solid understanding and better skills to use the strategies we teach everyday when you talk, play and interact with your child to support their development
- Connection with other parents experiencing similar challenges and questions
- Ongoing support to continue helping your child’s skills move forward
Want to discuss if this program is right for your child and family?
If you want some info, tips and ideas to get you started straight away and watch any time, get the Connect & Grow Course for just $197!
I'm a neurodivergent speech therapist, working mainly with autistic children and kids with disabilities since 2012. I live in Sydney, Australia with my cheeky 3-year old and my husband.
I’m dedicated to helping families understand children better, and develop a deeper acceptance of your child’s interests, passions, and individual strengths.
I have a neurodiversity affirming approach to my work with children and families. I believe that all brains are wonderful, different and needed. All children’s and adults’ individual strengths and passions should be celebrated and honoured.
I’m always learning and adapting my practice - I love getting feedback and I’m always working to better support kids and families, and advocate for autistic and neurodiverse kids to have a valued place in their world.
I love making information clear and helpful for busy families – strategies and activities are built into your everyday life so that ‘speech therapy practice’ is something that happens within your daily life and play.
Everything is achievable and together we can help your child develop their best communication and interaction skills while building up your confidence to support your child on their journey!